Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

New friends and old friends

Met a very interesting girl at Highlands immediately after that last post. She walked up and (what cheek!) introduced herself. I admire the openness. I've seen her up there lots of times before, and we've done the sort of catching-eyes "o hi" thing, but never talked till just then.


I'm currently listening to a band she suggested to me; Cursive. I dig 'em. The analogy seems mostly inappropriate, but they remind me of Bad Religion. Not musically, and only slightly lyrically. They seem to be singing about intelligent things... more pleasingly that Gaffin ever managed. Religious themes are pretty prevalent in their lyrics, and they don't seem to friendly to them. They've also got good horns (no pun intended).

Rachael and I made up. She moves out tomorrow, and we'll stay friends. I'm going to Pittsburgh tomorrow night with Matt for a weekend of drunken debauchery with Rick. Matt says he wants to spend some of saturday studying at a coffee shop; apparently he's overcoming his allergy to academia.

I've also made some changes to my Creative Integrity ambigram, and the result is vastly superior to the original (I hope you'll agree):

No comments: