At last! I've contracted an expert to do the structural analysis on my sculpture model! His other work is awesome and absolutely top notch, I'm excited and honored that he took on the project.
I've also made progress in solving the light-bouncing problems, I believe I have the setup and angles roughly worked out. Interesting how constraints I hadn't recognized before cause the design to change in an interesting and positive direction. Below is a screenshot of how I envision the setup:
I also did some work in detailing how the thing will be created, at the request of the engineer/architect I'm working with. Behold!