Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Head for the hills

Hidden in an op-ed peice in today's WSJ:

"Production of gold Eagle coins "has been temporarily suspended because of unprecedented demand" for bullion."

Now, that... should make bigger news. The one safe store of value is not even available anymore. At least, not from the US mint. I imagine that's great news for those who hold the existing supply.

As I sit here, blogging at lunch, all the conversation around me is about basketball. It appears that people, in general, are just not paying attention. I suppose its more comforting than staring into the abyss.

Update:

As if to rub salt into my self/motorcycle-inflicted wounds, this appeared in my Digg feed:
President Obama Explains his Bracketology

UUpdate:
But then! As if to pull me back from the brink of despair for our collective conciousness, This appeared!

Taxpayers Gather To Protest Spending, Taxes, Growing Debt


There were protests in Cincinnati, nonetheless. I wish I had heard about it in advance, I would have been there.

No comments: