Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Breakup

So Rachael and I have broken up again. This time I was the initiator. The catalyst was a fight we had on Friday. She was upset that I hadn't contacted her since Monday, and just plain didn't believe that I was sick enough to warrant not thinking about her for four days. I was upset that she'd be upset about such a thing, and that she didn't believe me about being in fever-delirium/medicine-groggy for pretty much the duration. I was irritated that she needed so much attention from me, and I thought it boded poorly for our future. I tried to put it past me, but I couldn't. It brought to mind all the other unjustified (in my view) arguments we've ever been in, how she's been irritating me. The thought of that irritation carrying on indefinitely was too much.

I told her I need a break. I'm still not sure it was the best course of action, but I felt like I had to do it.

No comments: