Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Broken bike, frustration

My bike broke today. The hanger on the rear derailleur snapped in half. I'm sure it had to do with shifting while going up hill, but I was moderately pissed. I had to walk a mile home, in the rain, in my bike shoes. I then discovered that the bike shop is closed till Saturday for a trade show, so I can't get the part replaced until at least then. So much for investing in a good bike as a reliable form of transportation, eh? Oh well, I didn't go that rout for the sake of facility and luxury.

This was after I got to my Survey of Neuroscience Research class (or the room where it was scheduled to be) and found nobody there. I had worked up the courage to go and try and get into this class that I really wasn't supposed to be in, and they weren't even meeting today. I think the new bearcat email system messed up my forwarding settings, 'cause I would have expected a message about that.

On top of that, the I seem to be having a post-virus allergic reaction like I did last year after being sick for a few days. Not at all cool.

A frustrating day, unfortunately. And yesterday went so nicely...

No comments: