Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Rachael and I are Engaged!

I finally popped it a few weeks ago. We were on a Battlestar Galactica marathon, and in between episodes she teased me by getting down on one knee and taking my hand. I was like "Whhaaat are you doing?" She said "just showing you what its like to think something is gonna happen, and then it doesn't." (This because I had been showing her progress on the wedding bands as I made them, and I handed one to her when I got it cast... in retrospect I see why this may have been sort-of a confusing thing to do).

This cut me to the quick, and started me thinking (while the next episode was playing), "why am I delaying anyway? I've got rings, why don't I just propose now?" So at the next break, I snuck off and got them from the drawer next to our bed, got down on one knee myself, and asked her if she'd be my wife. Happily, she said yes. Well, actually she first asked how she could know that I was serious, since I'd given her the rings once before, but she was apparently satisfied with "'Cause I'm really serious."

We're thinking of getting married in mid July; its the soonest thing that works out well scheduling-wise. We'll probably do it in Cincinnati, that being the birthplace of our epic love, home to a lovely garden with waterfalls (the Campus Green on UC's campus), and locale of my favorite hangout (Baba Budans, with whom we're in negotiations with for as a reception-place). Failing that, we're gonna spend the money we'd otherwise blow on a party on a sweet honeymoon.